Points to Note
- For the Athlete Investment Programme (AIP) programme the Sport Northern Ireland (SNI) will only accept applications from the governing bodies of sports, in the case of karting this is the North of Ireland Karting Association (NIKA).
- All funding is awarded on a challenge basis, which means that each application is compared against a strict set of criteria with all other applications from the whole range of sports.
- SNI expect NIKA to propose only those drivers who fulfil the strict criteria required. For NIKA to propose drivers who do not meet the criteria will seriously damage the credibility of NIKA and hence reduce the chances of future funding. This necessitates a strict pre-selection process.
- The standard required is a driver who is recognised as a rising star with the potential to win a British / National championship & progress to compete at the highest World / European level. Applicants must therefore have demonstrated the ability to compete successfully at British / National Championship level or higher.
- The proposed programme must be for 12 months and must demonstrate significant elements of additional training, coaching and competition.
- An unsuccessful application in no way disbars an applicant from resubmitting on a future date.
- Applications must be received by NIKA by the (date TBC), to allow sufficient time for assessment prior to the final submission to the SNI on the 1(date TBC). (dates are subject to change, to meet SNI requirements)